Monday, August 1, 2011

Trucks, drive-ins and stories oh my!

Hello All! So sorry for the delay in writing...much has been going on, and I've been procrastinating on writing here and on my homework...so guess which had to be done first?! Now that the stinky homework is out of the way for a little bit I've got time to let you all in on what's been going on over here with the Kighties...First off, everyone knows I drive a Bug...it's the cutest little thing and I just couldn't bare to part with it yet (we've been talking about upgrading to a 4 door vehicle for our 4legged children and possibly a 2 legged child in the future). So I told the hubs that I wanted to keep Black Betty, and he said ok. But since his truck was racking up the miles I told him maybe we should 'look' into getting him a new truck, which he ran with!! He was so excited, and began looking for trucks immediately!! When he finally found what he was looking for we made a trip to FL and the deal hashing began...After much debate we got the numbers we wanted and bought ourselves a truck!!  

Here's the new guy now...
Freddie's in love. I was super excited because we got a new truck that has a huge back seat...get your minds out of the gutter...I was happy because the boys would have more room in the back on road trips!! Except for the fact that Freddie does NOT want to put the boys in the truck yet...he says he doesn't want to ruin the newness...I get it. I understand. But now I will be driving my sweet little Black Betty back to TX with the boys in it...which means I need to purchase a roof rack along with new tires because where am I going to put my stuff when I have to  TWO 120 lb. pups in the back!? So that's the news with that...will update more later on this subject!

On to other fun news!! Freddie took me on a date to a drive-in movie!! I was sooo excited that we found one down here! It wasn't too far away, and it was featuring a double showing!! So we went to see Captain America and Super 8. Captain America was good...just make sure if you ever go to a drive-in and you turn your car off and leave your radio on to turn your car on every 30 minutes to make sure the battery doesn't die...because mine did :) Thankfully, the people that run the place have a battery recharger thing...they came over and attached it and Black Betty started right up!! We watched the rest of the movie in the comfort of the AC. 
This was our view from the car.
I could see the other screen in my mirror!!
Fun snacks for the movies!
I like to make goofy faces when I take pictures...
Freddie likes to make fun of me making faces :)
I love him for taking me on fun dates!

So after all that was over we were going through some of the stuff we took out of the old truck...and I found an old picture of Freddie and I. When I turned it over it had this story typed onto the back of it that I had written for him before I left for college and he to the military!! I couldn't believe it! But here it is...
Once there was this girl and this boy who were in love.
The girl was sad because she had to leave the boy to go to school.
And the boy was sad because he had to leave to go to the military.
But the boy and the girl saw each other as much as they could. 
And then it was time for the boy to leave.
And the girl cried.
But the girl knew that if she tried hard, she would finish school in two years.
So the girl worked hard and went to visit the boy every time she could.
And then the girl graduated.
And the boy was happy.
And the boy asked the girl if she would be his forever.
And the girl said yes.
And they lived happily ever after...
With their two dogs and 4 wheelers in the snow.

Haha! So some of that story has come true so far...just not in the order I wrote it in. It's funny when you find something that you wrote so long ago...
Anyway...good day to all! 







No comments:

Post a Comment