Monday, August 15, 2011

No phone, no internet, no tv...just silence.

I got up early today to take poor little black betty into the VW dealership because she's sick. I thought she may have just had a cold, and little did I know that she was on the verge of the plague! I have to get my window fixed (again), a new water pump and timing belt, and was going to get the third backup light fixed but found out I can do that myself. So, after the minor heart attack I had when the service woman told me with a sly smile on her face how much damage BB's sickness was going to do to my bank account I was happy to know that she would be ok after tomorrow. Well...she better be ok after tomorrow because I can't keep this up! So, Dizzle was nice enough to come get me and bring me back to my house, even though it was somewhat early (it's ok, she likes to get up at 4 AM because she thinks it's fun :) ), I find out that my tv, internet and phone are all out!!! Ok, so the tv and phone aren't that big of a deal because I had planned on working on school stuff since I am going to FL for the weekend to hang out with one of my besties (who I am super excited to see!!)...but the internet being out was not a good thing! What was I to do? I called the people who deal with our bundle package and they said, Oh no problem...there's a guy out there fixing it now and it should be back up in an hour or two...AN HOUR OR TWO!? That's a lot of time for a girl who has no car, and no entertainment at home!! Oh how wrong I was...Freddie bought me this sweet little table to set all of my sewing stuff up so I wouldn't continue to take over the dining room table, so I went into our game room, sat at my sewing table and set everything up...I threaded my machine, got all of my supplies out so I could cut my fabric that I bought last week and got to it!! I bought some fabric to make some new pillow cases for the pillows on our couch...they needed some sprucing...I cut everything and started to pin the fabric...things were going great, until I realized that I was going to be sewing a zipper to the bottom of these pillow cases...Now this may not seem like a big deal right? WRONG!! Let me reiterate what I was doing...I was sewing pillow cases (without a pattern) and I wanted to sew a zipper to the bottom of my non-patterned pillow cases (I've NEVER sewn a zipper on ANYTHING before!!) So this was kind of a big deal...I ended up sewing the zipper on just fine (kind of) and the pillow actually came out really cute (I don't know why I wouldn't think it would turn out cute...) After finishing the pillow it was 230...still no internet, phone or tv... So I decided to make another pillow case (I do plan on having 4 of them since I have 4 decorative pillows on our couches). The next one came out even better!!
The one on the left was the first one I did and the one on the right was my second one!

I took a side pic to show that I used two different fabrics on the pillow :)
Yep, I was getting fancy with it.

By the time Freddie got home from work I was done with the pillows, and they are now on our couch...I'm glad there was nothing to distract me from this today... I like the new pillow cases, and I'm super excited to make more!! Well I guess that's it for now...This crafty lady is off for now...Until next time folks!!

       

2 comments:

  1. Way to be Raven! I am dying to learn how to sew. And funny enough, Ty and I were talking about me making new pillow cases for our couch pillows (it sucks paying $30 for throw pillows). Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks! It was tons of fun to learn, and now I can sew anything I want!! Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete