Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Beachskin...is in?

I'm in Florida...it's raining, and I'm sitting at a doctors office. My mom is having layer upon layer removed above her eye because she has stage 3 Melanoma. She's been in some pain, but for the most part she's doing well. My dad is here too!! We've just all been hanging out at this sweet doctors office so she can have this junk removed and get better!! Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers by the way...I totally know that they're helping...I can see it :).

On a lighter note...I did get to go to the beach before the rain came with one of my besties Jackie!! Oh how I love and have missed that girl! Even though we're so different we always find something that keeps us together...PB&J's, Honeynut Cherrios, feathers in our hair, long talks...just about anything and everything that makes friends friends :) I got NINE inches cut off my hair and added two feathers!!
The feathers are together...one is purple and the other is teal!!
*Don't mind my hair being a hot mess...I am hanging out at a Dr.'s Office today!*

After getting all of my hair chopped off we spent the rest of our time at the beach and shopping. I got some sweet new workout clothes that I plan on using while hanging/working out with my gal Ash, and I've got a sweet little tan to go with it!! Love having a tan...although I am sure to put sunscreen on because I do not want Melanoma by all means...We floated in the water on floaties, road our bikes with much more stuff than needed and had a great time!! 
Thanks for coming to visit Jackie!

Other than that I have been working on school stuff because this week I have finals...UGH!! Thankfully I get next week off which means, sewing and maybe some knitting...I know..I'm SUPER exciting these days!! haha...There will be a lot of working out and possibly Zumba...yes Ash, that's directed at you :). We can also get some drinks and whatnot to celebrate all of our hardwork!! Freddie and the boys are working hard at home, playing frisbee, eating lots of junk food and playing video games...they miss me for sure!! Alright...enough playing on the blog and time to get back to homework and laughing at ridiculous things that only we laugh at :) I'm off for now! Don't forget to WEAR SUNSCREEN...at least 30 SPF (believe me we talked and TALKED about that in my A&P class...30 spf is the least amount that you want to wear!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment