Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Spin Away...

I have befriended some of the group fitness instructors on base, and it makes me much happier to go to the gym knowing that I will run into one of them...no pun intended. Well one of my friends teaches a spin class which is a crazy, hard, super awesome workout. I have attended spin classes before, but I normally prefer cardio and strength training classes. Well one of my friends has decided to go on hiatus, and go to Cali for a month before he PCS's which has forced me to look for new classes other than my normal cardio class. So I tell my friend that I will attempt to go to her spin class, which is at 7 AM on Wednesdays...I failed last week. But this week I have my mom, who thinks it is normal to get up before the sun rises, here to be my alarm clock that will not turn off. We made it to class today right before a squadron decided to attend the same class. I was thankful that 1. she saved us two bikes...up in the front no less and 2. once she started class she turned the lights off, but had this cute strobe/disco ball light on that helped brighten my spirits and make me feel like I was riding into the 60's and 70's...although the music was definitely NOT of those era's. Needless to say I kept up, but it.was.hard. I think I may go back...not sure that I will make it a weekly thing, but if I go every Wednesday, and some other days that it is offered I may actually be able to ride long distances outside of a spin room. I love trying new workouts, and I am always grateful when I have people to try them with me. So we shall see what the future holds as far as my venture out to different styles of workout, but I do love a good burn. Guess that is why I will have my degree in December in Sports and Health Science...until then spin away!!

No comments:

Post a Comment