Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Happy Birthday Guns!

Today is my little man's birthday! I can't believe he's 4 already... I remember when he was tiny...well as tiny as he could be...
Look at that face!
I remember the day we went to pick him...we walked in and there were so many yellow lab puppies running around, and Freddie grabbed Guns. He handed him to me and said, "what do you think about this one?" I held onto him...he sat in my arms calm as could be because he knew he had found his mom :) Let's backtrack a bit... we found an ad in the paper for lab puppies, but it was right before Christmas. My family was coming up to visit and I didn't know how they would do with 2 dogs in the house...we contemplated picking him out, leaving him there and picking him up after Christmas...but I told Freddie the only way we would be able to do that is if he had some mark on him that would make him different from the other pups so that we would know he's ours! Well we decided against leaving him, and took him home...while driving home with this precious guy I noticed that he has a little black dot/birthmark on his back right foot...that's when I really knew he was meant for us! Time went on and he grew...
Look at those paws!
And he grew some more...
So handsome!
He is now 4...and loves to play frisbee! He loves to play with his brother and run until he can't run anymore. He is still working on his howling, but gets better with every try. He loves people, especially all of his aunt's that give him all the love he wants! He's learned how to speak now too! Although he drives me nuts at times wanting to go out and play frisbee every 30 minutes, I don't know what I would do without those times together.  Happy Birthday Guns! I love you pup!



No comments:

Post a Comment