Friday, September 7, 2012

Traveling Adventures!


Since I last posted Freddie and I were going on a fun adventure...and what a fun adventure it was! Just a recap of what happened June-August...I walked at graduation!!
My wonderful husband got me flowers!

I was one of few that decorated my cap! It says, "It's hard to beat a person who never gives up."- Babe Ruth

The whole family was there!

After graduation...and I mean like the next day was our FIVE year anniversary!! Now this makes 8 years total of us being together...but what a wonderful day it was...We toured DC, and did a little bit of shopping (because that ALWAYS makes me happy!)...then he took me on a romantic dinner date to Fogo De Chao...it's an amazing Brazilian restaurant that he took me to when we first started dating and we hadn't been since...Of course I wanted him to show off his amazing Portuguese speaking skills...and thanks to a little vino I got the guts to say a few words in Portuguese to the waiter...I was SO proud of myself because anyone who knows me knows that I turn red the moment I start talking to someone I don't really know...it's just this weird thing that happens to me...annoying too!

After our wonderful dinner!

So in love with this man!
We even got to watch fireworks from our balcony that were being shot over the harbor...it was a fantastic day! The next day we were leaving for Germany!!
Germany bound!
The flight was great, but once we got to Germany I was definitely out of my element...It took us forever to find the train, which bus to get on to even get to the train...once we did get to the train trying to figure out how to buy a ticket to our destination was super confusing...but once we got our tickets and got on the train I was a happy camper...
On the train to Oberhausen!
Oberhausen was awesome...it was SO great to see Neuza, Pierce, Solveigh and Tom...Love seeing and spending time with family! They took us to some cool places that we would have never been known were around...it was also great having a personal translator!
Solveigh, Neuza, Tom and Pierce in Dusseldorf
After visiting with the fam for a few days, we headed to Cologne. Again, another beautiful city...and we had some fun things planned...we went to the bridge over the Rhine and put our love lock on the fence and threw our keys into the Rhine! This bridge looks awesome with all the locks that people have placed on it...
Love Locks on the bridge


The story goes that you buy a lock with your loved one, find a place on the bridge to lock it onto, and then throw your keys into the Rhine signifying that you'll love each other forever! So Freddie and I bought our lock before we left and decorated it, knowing that maybe on our 10 year anniversary we would go back and find our lock. 
Team Kight!
We put our anniversary date on it as well as our initials


Check it out!!!
After putting our love lock on the bridge we walked around Cologne and checked out some of the other cool sights...we saw the Cologne Cathedral, which was super pretty!
Cologne Cathedral

Back of Cologne Cathedral
We were only in Cologne for a day, but it was a lot of fun...The next morning we took a super early plane ride to Italy...and I will continue that story tomorrow...until tomorrow folks!!








No comments:

Post a Comment