Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Pensacola

We're here...living in our new house in Pensacola. 
Home!


While we are living in our new home we are renovating it...sounds fun right? Makes you think of all of those HGTV shows that you've seen and thought I could TOTALLY renovate a house and it would be SO much fun...well, it's not like that!! We forget that everything on tv looks so much better than what it does in real life...well I did at least. I kept envisioning Sabrina Soto coming in to make my house look like a million bucks for less (The Hi/Lo Project) or seeing Josh Temple (House Crashers) during one of our many Lowe's trips, and he would come in and totally update our kitchen and make it look freakin amazing!!! 

This, unfortunately, did not happen...what has happened has been a lot of sweat, some blood, and painting!! Before I show you the pictures of the progress from what our house looked like and what it looks like now let me tell you that this house had more holes in the walls than a dart board!! The walls were also extremely dirty...like dirtier than I have ever seen. And we all know that I like things clean so this needed to be fixed asap!
Ugh...dirty!

See what I'm talking about with the holes?!

So, after ALL the holes were patched we started painting...

I'm a painting master!!

The laundry room was the first room we finished...

Finished paint...

Before and After

We were so proud of how the laundry room looked...until we looked up.
The last person who painted this house did not cut in, it's where you take a brush and outline the edges so you don't have to take a roller all the way to the edge, and hit the ceiling with the roller...great. Because the old paint job was a beigeish brown the ceiling looked dirty against our nice grey painted walls..awesome. So we went from our time line of painting all the walls to adding in painting the ceiling...ugh. That was an adventure...
Had to cover the new fans

Beginning with the nasty edges

Half way done with ONE room...

After attempting to paint the ceilings...which we did all 3 bedrooms and the laundry room...we decided we needed to get a professional in here to do it. It was just ridiculous...I mean a great trap/arm workout, but good grief! In the mean time, we finished painting ALL the bedrooms because we were getting carpet the next day...yes, I painted all day while Freddie was at work and when he came home we had dinner and then stayed up until 430 AM to finish painting...I've always known I was a procrastinator but dang! That one killed me...

Doing a "Raven" pose he says...?? 

Office Before
Office After

Guest Room Before

Guest Room After

Thankfully, our hard work paid off...

Master 

Office 

Guest Room

Oh! While all this was going on we were getting a fence, so the boys would be able to run free!
Check it!


They left a little gap so the boys could stick their heads out and bark at people that walked by...just kidding :)


The boys love being able to go out without us standing there watching them...I don't blame them.

So, once we decided to get someone to paint the ceilings it gave us an opportunity to tackle the kitchen...we're getting a new kitchen, I didn't tell you?! Yep, we got some sweet hickory cabinets, on sale of course, from Home Depot and some new appliances that are on there way here. So we needed to pull the old ones down...ugh. It didn't take long, but gross! These people were nasty!!

Taking down the wall cabinets!


Making progress
What the?! Seriously?! Who brings a wire in that way for a light fixture...my dad would be appalled!!




There were frogs all over the windows...I know, I'm easily distracted.


Top section down!

Out with the old...

Look at this nastiness!! EWWW

This grossness was brought to you by the letter J.

Cleaned up and ready for the new cabinets!

So, whoever lived here before us did NOT clean!! When we pulled out the stove what we found is in the pictures above...there was grease everywhere, a drumstick, the letter's J and Q, a receipt, pasta, m&m's and other stuff that was too gross to list. That was fun to clean up... If people would just clean up after a spill or something happens stuff like this wouldn't happen! It's not hard, just pull the stove out and wipe it up!! Sorry, that's not directed at y'all, but more for the person that lived here before me...in case they run across this blog :)

In a nut shell that's what has been going on...we're continuing work on the rooms, and by work I mean painting...we should have cabinets installed by tomorrow morning and the countertop guy is coming on Friday!! Hopefully we'll have appliances by tomorrow too!! I sure would love to be able to cook again...remind me that I'm saying this when there comes a time when I don't want to cook...

I'll try to keep the updates regular so I'm not bombarding you with pictures...and the longest post ever!! Have a wonderful Wednesday y'all!!














No comments:

Post a Comment